IN THIS SECTION
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7516
Waxahachie Campus | (972) 923-5120
Midlothian Campus | (972) 923-5121
Please use the form below to get more information about the programs at Navarro College. A member of our Recruiting staff will be in touch with you shortly. We hope to assist you in any way that we can.
Music at NC
Name of Department: Music
Name of Department Chair/Program Director: Joshua Buckrucker
If you to prepare for a degree that will allow you to work in the music field, look to Navarro College for hands-on experience, a foundation in critical thinking and skills to succeed at a senior college or university.
The Associate in Arts Degree is a transfer curriculum for students who plan to pursue a degree in music after completing their studies at Navarro College. In addition to private instruction on most instruments, Navarro College offers a wide variety of opportunities to perform, compete and learn about music.
- The Navarro College Marching Band performs a number of exciting field, street, and exhibition performances each fall.
- Jazz Band members study and perform various jazz styles, including swing, bebop, latin, blues and ballads.
- Concert Band performs high-quality concert literature of all levels in the spring.
- Woodwind Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the woodwind repertoire.
- Brass Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the brass repertoire.
- Percussion Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the percussion repertoire.
- Guitar Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the guitar repertoire.
- The Navarro College Pep Band performs at home basketball games.
Students interested in studying Vocal Music have the opportunity to pursue private instruction for all voice types. Navarro College also boasts several student choirs.
- The Collegiate Chamber Singers is a small group that explores a variety of musical genre from the renaissance to the 20th century. Styles of music include a cappella and small group performances of madrigal music during the fall & holiday season, to jazz and Broadway show tunes during the spring semester. This group performs at all scheduled music department concerts and throughout the surrounding communities.
- The College Chorale is a large choir that sings a wide variety of music, including Broadway, pop and all idioms of the standard choral repertoire.
- The Navarro Sound Company Show Choir is a small group that explores popular music genre such as Broadway and Musical Theatre repertoire.
Career Destination Map
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Learning Strategies
- Operation and Control
- Public Speaking
- Reading Comprehension
- Social Perceptiveness
- Service Orientation
- Systems Analysis
- Time Management
Texas A&M University – Commerce
Texas Woman’s University
- Music Theatre Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, EC-12 Teacher Certification (band, choral, or strings)
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Performance Track
- Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy
Tarleton State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Business
- Bachelor of Music in Instrumental/Vocal/Piano Studies
- Bachelor of Music
- Masters of in Music Education
Stephen F Austin University
- BM Choral/Piano All Level
- BM in Composition
- BM in Elementary Education
- BM instrumental performance
- BM Piano performance
- BM Piano Pedagogy
- BM in vocal performance
- BM in Sound Recording Technology
University of Texas - Arlington
- Music Theory Emphasis
- Emphasis in Composition
- Music Education
- Instrumental performance
- Piano performance
- Vocal performance
- BM in Music industry or Business
- Jazz Studies
Sam Houston State University
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education
- Bachelor in Music Performance Emphasis
- Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy
- Bachelor of Music in Composition
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Office of Executive Dean
Corsicana Campus | 903.875.7316
Corsicana Campus | 903.875.7596
Corsicana Campus | 903.875.7633