What does it cost to bring a school group?
The admission cost is $3.00 per person. Teachers, bus drivers, and school officials receive free admission to the presentation.
How long is a visit to the Planetarium?
A planetarium visit lasts 45 minutes to an hour. Groups visiting the planetarium often include a visit to the Pearce Museum. Don’t forget to include time to visit our awesome gift shop!
What shows do you have for school groups?
Programs available for booking at Planetarium Shows page
TEXAS ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (TEKS) ALIGNMENT
|SCHOOL SHOWS||SUGGESTED GRADES||K||GRADE 1||GRADE 2||GRADE 3||GRADE 4||GRADE 5||GRADE 6||GRADE 7||GRADE 8|
|The Stars Over Texas||K-4||8C||8B||8C||3B, 4, 8C||8C|
|The Planets||5-6||3B, 8D||11A, 11B, 11C|
|The Universe||7-8||9A, 9B||
8A, 8B, 8C, 8D
Who do I need to contact to arrange a visit?
If you plan to visit the planetarium (or have a question), please call the planetarium office at (903) 875-7592.
In your message, be sure to provide the following information:
- Possible date(s) you would like to bring your group
- School Address
- School Name
- Grade / Age of Group
- Contact Person Name, Email, and Phone #
- # People
- Requested visit time (10 AM is earliest time for field trips)
Please note that if you want to visit the Pearce Museum on the same day as the planetarium, you must arrange your field trip to both facilities via the the museum’s tour coordinator at (903) 875-7437.
Planetarium Field Trip Rules
- Plan on arriving at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Only 10 students will be allowed in the gift shop at one time.
- No mobile device use in the planetarium.
- No food, drinks, candy or gum in the planetarium.
- Children under the age of 5 (and/or in strollers) are not allowed in the planetarium during a field trip due to safety concerns.
- Chaperones should dress appropriately and be actively involved in helping supervise students during the field trip.