Sexual Misconduct Statistics and SB 212 Report
Title IX Statistics
- One in five women are sexually assaulted while in college
- One in 16 men are sexually assaulted while in college
- College students are the most vulnerable to sexual violence during the first few weeks of the first and second year
- About 60% of on-campus rapes occur in the residence of the victim; 31% in another residence; and 9% in fraternity houses
- 90% of survivors on a college campus know their attackers
- 75% of the victims of rape involving attackers known to them did not identify their experience as rape
- Less than 5% of college rapes are reported
- 97% of alcohol-related sexual assaults both parties were drinking
One of the most persistent myths about rape is that the victim was somehow party to the offense: he or she was seductive or provocative and got what they asked for. Even if the victim wore a short skirt, drank too much, and even if he/she acted provocatively or seductively, the victim still retains the right to say no.
SB 212 Report for Navarro College
Navarro College complies with Texas SB 212 (2019) in providing regular reports documenting investigations of sexual misconduct.