EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES PROGRAMS
- EMS Website
- EMT Program
- Paramedic Program
IN THIS SECTION
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7481
Waxahachie Campus | (972) 923-6447
EMT General Information
Day and night classes are offered fall and spring semesters; day and night classes are offered in the summer.
Navarro College uses instructors who are experts in their field. Instructors are members of the Navarro College family and include full-time and adjunct faculty. All are experienced firefighters and/or paramedics either currently employed or retired. Each instructor is interviewed and chosen based on their knowledge and command of subject matter.
Navarro College has the ability to provide all necessary resources to help make a class successful. New computers, textbooks, curriculum, and other instructional equipment are available to help ensure the highest quality instruction.
All EMT classes are academic classes and students finish with six credit hours. Credit hours can give graduates an advantage when searching for employment.
EMT Certificate hours apply to the AAS Paramedic Degree.
- Emergency Medical Technician Basic — EMSP 1501
- Clinical - Emergency Medical Technician — EMSP 1160
$1,100 (approximately). Tuition is based on Out-of-District rates. If you live In-District (Navarro County) tuition may be less. Malpractice insurance, drug testing, and background check fee is included in the cost.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Please visit the Financial Aid Office website for information on how to apply and what types of aid are available
- Please visit the Scholarships page for information on how to apply online
- Hepatitis B (Complete series of three) or (Positive Titer**)
- Tuberculosis Test (current to one year)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (Series of two shots needed)
- Varicella (2 Shots or Positive Titer**)
- TDAP shot must be current within 5 years.
- Flu Shot—Current for Fall and Spring Classes
- (Info required: name, date, lot number, site of injection, signature of person administering the vaccine.)
**Titers to include IgG Lab value and interpretation key.
Books are available at the Navarro College Bookstore in Waxahachie.
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care, 11th Edition (cost approximately $180)
- Skills Packet
Uniforms are required to be worn daily throughout the program. Navarro College EMT uniform:
- Navy blue polo shirt with EMS logo (approx. $20) – available at the NC Bookstore
- Dark blue EMS pants with belt loops
- Black belt
- Black shoes
- Navy blue jacket (approx. $34) – available at the NC Bookstore
- Medical shears
- Pen light
- Safety glasses
- Gloves (one box)
Drug Screen / Background Check
- Students must make account with CastleBranch (outside entity).
- The cost for an EMT Account is approximately $80-$90.
- This is where you will schedule your background check and drug test as well as send to them all of the required documents.
- See EMT Department for checklist.
Social Security Card
A Social Security number is required for EMS clinical course requirements.
Additional Certification Fees
Payment due to individual agency upon successful completion of class.
- TDH application fee—$64
- National Registry EMT exam fee—$90
- Fingerprints fee—$47