EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES PROGRAMS
- EMS Website
- EMT Program
- Paramedic Program
IN THIS SECTION
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7481
Waxahachie Campus | (972) 923-6447
Please use the form below to get more information about the programs at Navarro College. A member of our Recruiting staff will be in touch with you shortly. We hope to assist you in any way that we can.
EMS Paramedic Program General Information
Daytime programs begin every fall and spring semester.
Navarro College uses instructors who are experts in their field. Instructors are members of the Navarro College family and include full-time and adjunct faculty. All are experienced paramedics either currently employed or retired. Each instructor is interviewed and chosen based on their knowledge, command of subject matter, and instructor certification.
Navarro College has the ability to provide all necessary resources to help make a class successful. New computers, textbooks, curriculum, and other instructional equipment are available to help ensure the highest quality instruction.
All classes are academic classes and students finish with 34 credit hours.
Paramedic Certificate hours apply to the A.A.S. Paramedic Degree.
- Must have current TXDSHS EMT Basic Certification
- Be TSI Complete
- CPR-Healthcare (current through duration of program)
- Successfully completed Anatomy & Physiology (BIOL 2401/2404) or be enrolled for the first semester beginning the Paramedic program.
$5,500 (approximately). Tuition is based on Out-of-District rates. If you live In-District (Navarro County) tuition may be less. Malpractice insurance is included in the cost.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Please visit the Financial Aid Office website for information on how to apply and what types of aid are available
- Please visit the Scholarships page for information on how to apply online
(Email: email@example.com for the Castlebranch link)
- Hepatitis B (Complete series of three) or (Positive Titer**)
- Tuberculosis Test (two step or blood test)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (Series of two shots needed) or (titer to include: measles, mumps and rubella)
- Varicella (2 Shots or Positive Titer**)
- TDAP - valid for 5 years
- Must be completed prior to enrollment if vaccine expires during enrollment.
- Flu Shot—upon enrollment and must be maintained seasonally.
- (Info required: name, date, lot number, site of injection, signature of person administering the vaccine.)
**Titers to include IgG Lab value and interpretation key.
Books are available at the Navarro College Bookstore in Waxahachie.
- My BRADYLab with Pearson etext - Instant Acces
- Paramedic Care: Principles and Practices, Vols 1-5
- Basic Arrhythmias, 5th Edition: ISBN 9780134769011
- Skills Packet - approximately $25
Uniforms are required to be worn daily throughout the program. Navarro College EMS uniform:
- Navy blue polo shirt with EMS logo (approx. $20) – available at the NC Bookstore
- Dark blue EMS pants with belt loops
- Black belt
- Black shoes
- Navy blue jacket (approx. $34) – available at the NC Bookstore
- Medical shears
- Pen light
- Safety glasses
- Gloves (one box)
Drug Screen / Background Check
- Students must make account with CastleBranch (outside entity).
- The cost for an Paramedic account is approximately $100.
- This is where you will schedule your background check and drug test as well as send to them all of the required documents.
- See EMS Department for checklist.
Social Security Card
A Social Security number is required for EMS clinical course requirements.
Additional Certification Fees
Payment due to individual agency upon successful completion of class.
- TDSHS application fee—$96
- National Registry exam fee—$110
- NREMT Exam fee—$175