- How to Apply (Steps)
- Schedules and Training
- In-Service Registration
- Admission Requirements
- Uniforms and Equipment
- Academy Tuition & Financial Aid
- TCOLE Information
- WECM (Course Descriptions)
IN THIS SECTION
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Office of Executive Dean
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7573
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7702
Please use the form below to get more information about the programs at Navarro College. A member of our Recruiting staff will be in touch with you shortly. We hope to assist you in any way that we can.
Uniforms, Equipment, and Supplies
Uniforms, supplies, and other equipment are required at the Navarro College Police Academy.
- Texas Criminal Law & Traffic Law Manual – current edition.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Manual - current edition.
Books are available at the Navarro College Bookstore and MUST be purchased prior the start of the first day of class.
- Highlighters, etc.
- Index cards for use as flashcards (Approximately 500)
- Large 3 ring binder
- Black Academy shirt (NC Bookstore)
- Black pants (examples are 5.11 brand, Dockers or Dickies)
- Plain black uniform trouser belt
- Plain black, polishable uniform boots (no pointed toes, tennis shoes, or slip-on low quarter shoes).
- Black Police Academy hooded sweatshirt (No other jackets allowed).
All Basic Peace Officer students are required to be in uniform on the first day of class. Contact the Academy Coordinator if you are unable to obtain your uniform prior to your first day of class, or if you have question about the type of clothing/foot gear required.
- Loose fitting Black shorts or sweat pants (no logos or emblems)
- White Academy T-shirt (NC Bookstore)
- Workout shoes
All Basic Peace Officer students will be required to participate in skills training and physical conditioning training.
- Black Leather or Nylon Police Style Duty Belt
- Black Leather or Nylon magazines pouch for Glock 17
- Holster for Glock 17 (may be other than leather; must have at least one retention)
- Four (4) black Leather or Nylon belt keepers
- Hearing Protection for gun range
- One (1) pair of clear safety glasses
- One (1) pair of handcuffs with key
- One (1) black Leather or Nylon handcuff case
Equipment may be purchased at any law enforcement supply company. The Navarro College Bookstore does not carry Law Enforcement equipment. Duty belts and equipment are not required for the first day of class. These items may be purchased after the academy begins.
Handguns are provided by the Police Academy for use at the firing range. Under no circumstances are students allowed to be in possession of personal firearms while on campus or at Police Academy facilities. Possession of personal firearms on campus (other than secured inside your locked vehicle) or any Police Academy premises is grounds for dismissal from the Police Academy. This also applies to a person who holds a concealed handgun license.
(Effective Spring 2014).