SECTION E | INSTRUCTION
- SECTION EA | Academic Calendar
- SECTION EB | Alternative Methods of Instruction
- SECTION EC | Course Load
- SECTION ED | Instructional Resources
- SECTION EE | Instructional Programs
- SECTION EF | Special Programs
- SECTION EG | Academic Achievement
- SECTION EH | Testing
- SECTION EI | Academic Freedom and Responsibility
- SECTION EJ | Faculty Governance
- SECTION EK | Faculty Code of Professional Ethics
Navarro College recognizes the role of faculty in accomplishing the College’s mission. Therefore, Navarro College shall establish procedures delineating the responsibility and authority of faculty members in governance matters.
In order to address matters that relate to the faculty, a Faculty Association shall be established. All full-time faculty shall serve as members of the Faculty Association. The Association shall elect officers and an Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall meet on a regular and periodic basis with the District President to discuss matters of interest to the faculty.
The Faculty Association shall name representatives to serve on the Academic Council.
The purpose of the Academic Council is to address educational and workforce preparation matters and make recommendations to the President’s Cabinet. In so doing, the Council including faculty members shall share ideas and concerns, identify problems, develop solutions, and take action which causes instructional growth and improvement.
Date Issued: January 22, 2015