- Board Policies and Procedures
- SECTION G: Community and Governmental Relations
- SECTION GA.3
SECTION G | COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
- SECTION GA | Public Relations / Open Records
- SECTION GB | Public Complaints and Hearings
- SECTION GC | Relations with Business and Community Organizations
- SECTION GD | Advertising and Fundraising
- SECTION GE | Community Use of College District Facilities
- SECTION GF | Emergency Management
- SECTION GG | Access to Programs, Services, and Activities
- SECTION GH | Tobacco Free Policy
- SECTION GI | Animals on Campus
- SECTION GJ | Campus Carry
COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
Navarro College respects the privacy of students and employees, and follows all appropriate local, state, and federal guidelines and statutes affecting privacy and confidentiality.
The federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 limits the disclosure of information from a student’s education records to only basic “directory” information. A description of all information that can be released as “directory information” under FERPA is outlined in the Navarro College catalog. Directory information will be withheld if a student so requests.
Included among information that will not be released outside the College are any data that would selectively advantage or disadvantage individuals with regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Updated: August 11, 2020