- Board Policies and Procedures
- SECTION G: Community and Governmental Relations
- SECTION GA.4
SECTION G | COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
- SECTION GA | Public Relations / Open Records
- SECTION GB | Public Complaints and Hearings
- SECTION GC | Relations with Business and Community Organizations
- SECTION GD | Advertising and Fundraising
- SECTION GE | Community Use of College District Facilities
- SECTION GF | Emergency Management
- SECTION GG | Access to Programs, Services, and Activities
- SECTION GH | Tobacco Free Policy
- SECTION GI | Animals on Campus
- SECTION GJ | Campus Carry
COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
The Office of Institutional Research (IR) provides information, research, and data analysis to support decision making that results in empowerment and success for all members of the Navarro College community. IR responds to requests for data or information from various internal stakeholders including Navarro College committees, administrators, faculty, staff, and student organizations. IR also responds to requests from state reporting agencies, federal reporting agencies, educational organizations, and other external bodies as resources permit.
Prior to requesting historical enrollment or success data, please review the Quick Facts, Fact Book, and Student Achievement data provided on the Office of Institutional Research’s website under “NC Profile.” All requests for information should be directed to the Office of Institutional Research (IR). Requests are accepted via the Institutional Research/Technology Data Request form.
Prior to approval of data requests, IR will determine the validity of all data requests in relation to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other college policies.
When appropriate, the Leadership Team will be informed of the request prior to approval by IR/IT.
While we make every attempt to fulfill requests as quickly as possible, please allow a minimum of 10 working days for completion of requests. Completion time for data requests varies based on nature of the data request, how critical the request is to success of the college’s mission, access to data requested, and other factors.
Priority will be assigned to requests from college leadership and any committee/Task Force dedicated to institutional assessment such as the Enrollment Management Committee.
For requests involving data not handled by IR, the request will be directed to the appropriate department.
When to Make a Request
- If review of the Information available through Quick Facts, Fact Book, Student Achievement, and other NC Profile links does not provide needed information.
- Employee requests to conduct a survey relevant to institutional decision-making must be approved and overseen by the Office of Institutional Research (IR) in order to ensure validity and reliability in data collected.
- Employee requests to participate in external studies and/or data sharing must be approved
by the Director of Institutional Research.
- A Data-Share Agreement must be put into place by the IR office prior to any Navarro College Employee Sharing Student Data with any external organization or individual.
All internal/external parties wishing to conduct human-subject research involving Navarro College, its students or personnel, at or on behalf of the college, must submit an email request to the IRB Liasion for permission to conduct the study, provide all required documents as requested, and obtain IRB committee approval prior to conducting any studies.
Updated: August 11, 2020