SECTION C: BUSINESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
- SECTION CA | Appropriations and Revenue Sources
- SECTION CAA | Appropriations
- SECTION CAB | Bond Issue
- SECTION CAC | Time Warrants
- SECTION CAD | Certificates of Indebtedness
- SECTION CAE | Loans and Notes
- SECTION CAF | Ad Valorem Taxes
- SECTION CAG | Investments
- SECTION CAH | Sale, Trade or Lease of College Property
- SECTION CAH.1 | Sale, Trade or Lease of College Property
- SECTION CAI | Grants, Funds and Donations
- SECTION CAJ | Rentals and Service Charges
- SECTION CB | Depository of Funds
- SECTION CC | Annual Operating Budget
- SECTION CD | Accounting
- SECTION CD.1 | Accounting
- SECTION CD.2 | Cash Handling Procedures
- SECTION CD.3 | Fixed Assets
- SECTION CD.4 | Financial Reports and Statements
- SECTION CD.5 | Accounting Inventories
- SECTION CD.6 | Accounting Audits
- SECTION CD.7 | Accountability
- SECTON CD.8 | Travel Procedures
- SECTION CD.9 | Taxation of Gifts, Prizes, and Awards to Employees
- SECTION CE | Purchasing and Acquisitions
- SECTION CF | Safety Program
- SECTION CG | Site Management
- SECTION CH | Equipment, Supply and Records Management
- SECTION CI | Transportation Management
- SECTION CJ | Insurance and Annuities
- SECTION CK | Facilities Planning and Standards
- SECTION CL | College District Auxiliary Enterprises
- SECTION CM | Technology Resources
- SECTION CN | Information Security
- SECTION CO | Intellectual Property
BUSINESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
The Vice President of Operations and Advancement oversees the Transportation Management.
The Executive Director of Facilities oversees the daily operation of the Transportation Department.
- All persons operating College-owned and insured vehicles must have their driving record
verified 10 working days prior to driving a College-owned vehicle.
- A copy of a valid drivers’ license must be turned in to the Navarro College Department
of Public Safety.
- Any employee, or authorized personnel approved by the District President or designee
requiring the use of a Navarro College vehicle must submit a vehicle request form
to the Physical Plant two weeks prior to event. This form is located on the college
Intranet under the Miscellaneous Forms Heading.
- The driver is verified through the Navarro College approved drivers list. Upon verification
driver proceeds to step 4.
- In the event driver is not on the list employee will be notified via email. The driver
will be required to complete an authorization form to have driver’s license check
by the Navarro College Department of Public Safety for validation of driver’s license.
The Navarro College Department of Public Safety will complete required steps to have
employee put on the approved driver’s list. Upon completion, the police department
will send e-mail to the Physical Plant so the employee’s name can be added to the
list of registered vehicle users.
- Employees operating College owned vehicles must read and obey the following procedures
while operating College vehicles including:
- Employees are forbidden to operate College vehicles while impaired by alcohol, drugs, or fatigue.
- Employees are forbidden to use cell phones while driving including texting and the wearing of earphones. Hands free applications with cellphones may be utilized where allowed by local law excluding earphones.
- Employees must wear seatbelts while driving.
- Employees must not exceed posted speed limits.
- Employees must promote courteous, defensive driving while operating a College vehicle.
- Employees must perform pre-driving safety checks.
- Failure to follow the above guidelines may result in losing the privilege of operating a College vehicle.
- Vehicle availability is checked for the specific dates desired. If vehicle is available
the Executive Director of Facilities approves the request.
- In the event the Executive Director of Facilities does not approve the request (based
on vehicle availability) the employee will be notified via phone call and email notification.
- On date of request, driver will pick up the vehicle at the Physical Plant. Keys and
credit cards need to be picked up no later than noon on Friday for vehicles to be
used on the weekend.
- The employee is issued a vehicle with full tank of gas, vehicle key, and college credit
card for fuel, and vehicle log sheet.
- The employee is required to log all miles from the odometer to the Mileage Log Sheet
provided by Physical Plant.
- In the event gas is purchased employee must provide receipt for gas.
- Upon completion of trip, vehicle must be returned to the Physical Plant Facilities
with a full tank of gas, all trash removed from vehicle, receipt for fuel, vehicle
log sheet completed by driver, vehicle key, and college credit card.
- In the event vehicle is not returned as stated in Step 10, pictures will be taken
of the deficiency. The picture(s) will be attached and an email sent to the immediate
supervisor and Vice President of Operations, Technology, and Advancement for follow
up by the immediate supervisor.
- Vehicle use shall be approved on a “First-Come, First-Served” basis with the following
a. Scheduled events such as competitions shall take precedence over non-scheduled events or events that may be relatively easier to re-schedule.
b. Institutionally funded organizations shall take precedence over non-institutionally funded organizations.
- Vehicle reservation requests shall be made through the Physical Plant office; “REQUEST
FOR VEHICLE USE” forms should be on file and approved prior to vehicle use and all
requests should be received seventy-two (72) hours prior to the trip. Keys and credit
cards need to be picked up between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through
- A Request for Vehicle Use must meet the following minimum passenger requirements:
a. Suburban vehicles must have a minimum of four (4) passengers.
b. Sedans must have a minimum of two (2) passengers.
c. Buses must have a minimum of ten (10) passengers.
d. Out-of-State travel must have prior written approval from the Vice President for Academic Affairs or District President.
- Reservations via telephone call will not be acceptable. Vehicles are to be used only
for the trip described on the request form and the person requesting the vehicle is
responsible for insuring that all personal items and trash are removed prior to refilling
and returning vehicle to the Physical Plant parking lot. Keys, credit card and all
appropriate receipt should be returned to the Physical Plant office the next working
day by 10:00 a.m. All vehicles are to be returned to the Physical Plant Building immediately
after completion of the trip. Navarro College provides College-owned and insured vehicles
for use for College-related activities. The College has buses, Suburbans, and other
passenger vehicles available for use. Vans will be used for cargo or local in-town
passenger use only. The College will provide a bus driver for all bus trips.
- Accident forms and insurance cards are located in the glove compartment or driver-side
door pocket of each vehicle.
- Should any mechanical problems with the vehicle be experienced, such problems should
be detailed in writing to the Physical Plant office so that appropriate repairs may
- The Requesting Department must pay the cost of fuel for all trips.
- The College will furnish the driver(s) at no charge to individual departments for bus trips. The Requesting Department will be responsible for the cost of fuel, all meals for the bus driver and overnight lodging for the bus driver, if applicable.
VEHICLE ACCIDENT REPORTING
Any vehicle accident must be reported to Executive Director of Facilities, Direct Supervisor and campus police as soon as the driver and vehicle are safely off the road.
IMPORTANT: PROCEDURES TO BE FOLLOWED IN CASE OF ACCIDENTS
The following steps once driver and passenger are safe should be followed:
a. Call the Local Police
b. Complete Local Police Report and keep a copy of the report (Give copy of Police Report to The Executive Director of Facilities)
c. Secure other Driver Information
f. License Number
g. Phone Number
h. Contact Executive Director of Facilities, direct supervisor and Campus Police
Updated: June 17, 2021