SECTION D | PERSONNEL
- SECTION DA | Employment Objectives
- SECTION DB | Employment Requirements
- SECTION DC | Employment Practices
- SECTION DD | Compensation and Benefits
- SECTION DD.1 | Compensation and Benefits
- SECTION DD.2 | Stipend Requests
- SECTION DDA | Salaries and Wages
- SECTION DDA.1 | Call Back Pay
- SECTION DDA.2 | Closure Time
- SECTION DDB | Employee Benefits
- SECTION DDBA | Educational Benefits
- SECTION DDBA.1 | Educational Benefits
- SECTION DDC | Absences and Leaves
- SECTION DDC.1 | Absences and Leaves
- SECTION DE | Retirement Programs
- SECTION DF | Employee Rights and Privileges
- SECTION DG | Employee Standards of Conduct
- SECTION DH | Employee Performance
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Except as provided by State and Federal law, no deductions will be made from any employee’s compensation without written permission. A “Wage Deduction Authorization” form is completed by every new employee at the time of orientation.
Deductions will be made for applicable taxes, and Teacher Retirement System of the State of Texas or an approved Optional Retirement Plan. Employees may opt to participate in the Navarro College Retirement Plan when eligibility requirements are met. Employees may provide documentation authorizing deductions to the Central Texas Teachers Credit Union, and other approved benefit programs.
Online time sheets and attendance record sheets are the basis for computation of monthly pay for hourly employees. Time sheets for salaried non-exempt employees are due in the Business Office by the date specified on the schedule distributed annually (in August). All time cards or time sheets and attendance record sheets must be signed by the employee and the supervisor. It is the supervisor’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of the time card or time sheet before signing.
All employees will be paid on the last working day of the month in accordance with the rate of pay approved on file in the Human Resources Department. All personnel status forms and documentation must be in the Business Office by the date specified on the schedule distributed annually (in August) to be included on the monthly payroll. Changes or additions received after that time will be included on the payroll for the following month.
All employees other than student workers will be paid by direct deposit. Funds will be available in the employee’s personal bank account on the last working day of each month. Appropriate forms for initiating direct deposit or to change the employee’s depository bank are available in the Human Resource Office. If the employee does not have a personal bank account, he may contact the Business Office for assistance.
Updated: February 11, 2020