SECTION F | STUDENT
- SECTION FA | Equal Education Opportunity
- SECTION FB | Admissions
- SECTION FC | Attendance
- SECTION FD | Tuition and Fees
- SECTION FE | Financial Aid
- SECTION FF | Student Welfare
- SECTION FF.1 | Campus Safety
- SECTION FF.2 | Mental Health
- SECTION FFA | Immunizations
- SECTION FFA.1 | Immunizations
- SECTION FFA.2 | International Students
- SECTION FFA.3 | Residence Life Requirement
- SECTION FFB | AIDS/HIV
- SECTION FFB.1 | AIDS/HIV
- SECTION FFC | Student Support Services
- SECTION FFC.1 | Student Support Services and Administrative Services
- SECTION FFC.2 | Veterans Services
- SECTION FFC.3 | Special Programs for Students with Disabilities
- SECTION FFD | Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- SECTION FFD.1 | Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying
- SECTION FFD.2 | Sexual Assault and Intimate Partner or Domestic/Dating Violence/Clery Reporting
- SECTION FFD.3 | Student Discrimination Grievance Procedure
- SECTION FFE | Sexual Misconduct Policy
- SECTION FG | Student Housing
- SECTION FH | Solicitation
- SECTION FI | Student Records
- SECTION FJ | Student Activities
- SECTION FK | Student Rights and Responsibilities
- SECTION FK.1 | Student Rights and Responsibilities
- SECTION FKA | Student Expression
- SECTION FKA.1 | Student Expression
- SECTION FKB | Student Conduct
- SECTION FKB.1 | Code of Student Conduct/Special Programs/Student Misconduct/Drug-Free Campus/Complicity
- SECTION FKB.2 | Disciplinary Procedures/Classroom Decorum/Academic Dishonesty
- SECTION FKB.3 | Academic Integrity
- SECTION FKC | Student Complaints and Grievances
- SECTION FKC.1 | Student Grievance Procedures
- SECTION FKC.2 | Student-Instructor Conflict Resolution
- SECTION FKD | Grade Challenge
- SECTION FKD.1 | Grade Challenge
- SECTION FKD.2 | Program of Study Dismissal
Navarro College promotes a variety of activities that supplement the learning experience of the classroom environment. These activities offer students the opportunity to develop leadership skills, experience team building, and simply have fun while at Navarro College.
The Office of Student Life at Navarro College seeks to provide a co-curricular learning experience by providing educational opportunities outside the classroom and parallel to the student’s academic career. Student activity events are coordinated regularly to promote educational, cultural, social, and recreational opportunities. All Navarro College students are encouraged to participate. These activities, referenced in the Navarro College Student Handbook, offer students the opportunity to develop leadership skills, experience team building, and simply have fun while at Navarro College. For more information on how to get involved or to find out how to help with these activities, students may contact the Office of Student Life.
SOCIAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
The Office of Student Life, the various student organizations, and the Student Government Association host various events and activities throughout the year. Events are advertised through electronic means and through posted announcements. The Office of Student Life only approves active student organizations to host activities utilizing campus facilities. The activities request form can be obtained from the Student Life website or from the Office of Student Life.
Student organizations active at Navarro College include honors, professional, social service and religious groups. Each organization is recognized through the Student Government Association. Students can contact the Director of Student Life or individual club advisors for more information about any of the organizations listed under Student Life on the Navarro College website. Students wishing to create a new organization on campus may obtain a petition form from the Office of Student Life.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION
The Office of Student Life provides leadership to the Student Government Association (SGA), serving as a liaison between faculty/staff and students, providing a voice for the student body, and recommending state legislation affecting community college students across the state. The Corsicana SGA meets weekly during the fall and spring semesters. Other campus SGA groups vary their meeting times based on student schedules. These meetings are open to all Navarro College students. Students may contact the Office of Student Life for more information.
GIBSON HALL STUDENT CENTER
Gibson Hall Student Center on the Corsicana Campus strives to provide facilities and services that promote a sense of community, support student development through leadership and employment opportunities, and encourage the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle to a diverse student population. The Gibson Hall Student Center is equipped with a gym, laundry facilities, game room, mailroom, computers, wellness fitness area with cardio and weight equipment and more. The Gibson Hall Student Center is open to all Navarro College students, faculty, and staff.
Students may contact the Coordinator of the Gibson Hall Student Center for more information on availability and guidelines.
Date Issued: January 22, 2015