SECTION F | STUDENT
- SECTION FA | Equal Education Opportunity
- SECTION FB | Admissions
- SECTION FC | Attendance
- SECTION FD | Tuition and Fees
- SECTION FE | Financial Aid
- SECTION FF | Student Welfare
- SECTION FF.1 | Campus Safety
- SECTION FF.2 | Mental Health
- SECTION FFA | Immunizations
- SECTION FFA.1 | Immunizations
- SECTION FFA.2 | International Students
- SECTION FFA.3 | Residence Life Requirement
- SECTION FFB | AIDS/HIV
- SECTION FFB.1 | AIDS/HIV
- SECTION FFC | Student Support Services
- SECTION FFC.1 | Student Support Services and Administrative Services
- SECTION FFC.2 | Veterans Services
- SECTION FFC.3 | Special Programs for Students with Disabilities
- SECTION FFD | Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- SECTION FFD.1 | Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying
- SECTION FFD.2 | Sexual Assault and Intimate Partner or Domestic/Dating Violence/Clery Reporting
- SECTION FFD.3 | Student Discrimination Grievance Procedure
- SECTION FFE | Sexual Misconduct Policy
- SECTION FG | Student Housing
- SECTION FH | Solicitation
- SECTION FI | Student Records
- SECTION FJ | Student Activities
- SECTION FK | Student Rights and Responsibilities
- SECTION FK.1 | Student Rights and Responsibilities
- SECTION FKA | Student Expression
- SECTION FKA.1 | Student Expression
- SECTION FKB | Student Conduct
- SECTION FKB.1 | Code of Student Conduct/Special Programs/Student Misconduct/Drug-Free Campus/Complicity
- SECTION FKB.2 | Disciplinary Procedures/Classroom Decorum/Academic Dishonesty
- SECTION FKB.3 | Academic Integrity
- SECTION FKC | Student Complaints and Grievances
- SECTION FKC.1 | Student Grievance Procedures
- SECTION FKC.2 | Student-Instructor Conflict Resolution
- SECTION FKD | Grade Challenge
- SECTION FKD.1 | Grade Challenge
- SECTION FKD.2 | Program of Study Dismissal
STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
STUDENT-INSTRUCTOR CONFLICT RESOLUTION
If a student feels an instructor has treated him/her unfairly, the student should take the following steps to resolve the issue. The College believes that matters involving an instructor and student(s) are best resolved at that level; therefore, with only the exception of safety matters (e.g., harassment, sexual misconduct, Title IX complaint) which should be referred to the Title IX Office, the following procedures are recommended for all other student-instructor conflict resolutions.
- The student should first meet with the instructor to discuss the issue or concern. This approach ensures the instructor is aware of the issue/concern and provides an opportunity for resolution.
- If after meeting with the instructor, the student feels the issue has not been resolved, he/she should next meet with the appropriate dean for further discussion. The instructor or the Admissions and Records office can provide the name of the appropriate dean.
- If the student continues to believe the issue/concern remains unresolved, the student may meet with the appropriate executive dean.
- The expectation is that the issue/concern involving an instructor and student will be resolved by the time it reaches the executive dean. However, if necessary the student may continue to pursue the issue in writing with the Vice President of Academic Affairs, who is the final authority regarding student/instructor disputes.
As referenced in the Student Grievances Procedures, the role of the District President in these procedures is not to decide the case or appeal thereof, but merely to determine whether the administrative chain of command has adhered to Navarro College procedures.
NOTE: Under certain circumstances students may not be allowed to continue in class until the grievance or appeal is resolved.
Date Issued: January 22, 2015
Revised: November 5, 2019