SECTION F | STUDENT
- SECTION FA | Equal Education Opportunity
- SECTION FB | Admissions
- SECTION FC | Attendance
- SECTION FD | Tuition and Fees
- SECTION FE | Financial Aid
- SECTION FF | Student Welfare
- SECTION FF.1 | Campus Safety
- SECTION FF.2 | Mental Health
- SECTION FFA | Immunizations
- SECTION FFA.1 | Immunizations
- SECTION FFA.2 | International Students
- SECTION FFA.3 | Residence Life Requirement
- SECTION FFB | AIDS/HIV
- SECTION FFB.1 | AIDS/HIV
- SECTION FFC | Student Support Services
- SECTION FFC.1 | Student Support Services and Administrative Services
- SECTION FFC.2 | Veterans Services
- SECTION FFC.3 | Special Programs for Students with Disabilities
- SECTION FFD | Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- SECTION FFD.1 | Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying
- SECTION FFD.2 | Sexual Assault and Intimate Partner or Domestic/Dating Violence/Clery Reporting
- SECTION FFD.3 | Student Discrimination Grievance Procedure
- SECTION FFE | Sexual Misconduct Policy
- SECTION FG | Student Housing
- SECTION FH | Solicitation
- SECTION FI | Student Records
- SECTION FJ | Student Activities
- SECTION FK | Student Rights and Responsibilities
- SECTION FK.1 | Student Rights and Responsibilities
- SECTION FKA | Student Expression
- SECTION FKA.1 | Student Expression
- SECTION FKB | Student Conduct
- SECTION FKB.1 | Code of Student Conduct/Special Programs/Student Misconduct/Drug-Free Campus/Complicity
- SECTION FKB.2 | Disciplinary Procedures/Classroom Decorum/Academic Dishonesty
- SECTION FKB.3 | Academic Integrity
- SECTION FKC | Student Complaints and Grievances
- SECTION FKC.1 | Student Grievance Procedures
- SECTION FKC.2 | Student-Instructor Conflict Resolution
- SECTION FKD | Grade Challenge
- SECTION FKD.1 | Grade Challenge
- SECTION FKD.2 | Program of Study Dismissal
STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A student complaint/grievance is a Navarro College related problem or condition that a student believes to be unfair, inequitable, discriminatory, or a hindrance to the educational process. A complaint/grievance also includes discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
All administrators are responsible for adhering to this policy and attendant procedures concerning student written complaints. The Vice President of Student Services is designated with the responsibility of disseminating this policy and attendant procedures and ensuring timely amendments to the policy and its applicable procedures in accordance with policy and procedure approval processes and schedules developed by and through institutional leadership.
This student complaint/grievance policy and its attendant procedures are not designed to be used for recommending changes in policy or procedure nor do they apply to disputes in grading practice. A grade dispute that is not based on an allegation of discrimination shall be handled under the grade challenge procedures.
Navarro College encourages students to discuss their concerns and complaints, whether instructional or non-instructional, through informal conferences with the appropriate instructor or other campus administrator.
Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level.
Neither the Board of Trustees nor any Navarro College employee shall unlawfully retaliate against any student for bringing a concern or complaint.
The student complaint/grievance policy is not intended to supplant the Student Code of Conduct, which allows the student procedural due process in disciplinary proceedings initiated by Navarro College.
Date Revised: February 25, 2021